Manchester Pride’s Big Weekend, is just a few weeks away (August 22nd -23rd)! The latest group of artists to Join the already great list of acts during the BIG Weekend, are Conchita Wurst, Neon Jungle, Lucy Spraggan, MIDNIGHT, Marcus Collins, and several others!
Vlogger Calum McSwiggan bares all talks about his body image issues with the world. He’s not only nice to look at but he’s actually spot on when it comes to the body issues most people face. The video is kinda safe for work since most of the pics and images are PG-13. I want to see the R rated ones too at some point. :-P
Click the link below to see his video post.
And by that I mean Freddie Highmore, the adorably cute 22-year-old British actor that plays pre-shower scene for the ages Norman Bates from Psycho lore. I just got done watching season 1 of the new television series Bates Motel on Netflix and I think I’m in love!
Peter McGraith and David Cabreza one of the UK’s first couples to marry at midnight.
Its a great day in the UK. If you haven’t heard, Saturday the 29th marks the first legalization of gay marriage in the UK. England and Wales is now among 15 countries which allow same sex marriage. While civil partnerships have been legal since 2005 and adoption legal since 2002, marriage brings no new rights. But many locals insisted that only with the tittle of marriage will they be equal.
- And done: Queen signs marriage equality into law in Scotland
- Australia’s largest ‘gay-healing’ ministry finally closing down
- Citing their ’values’ Romanian parliament blocks civil union bill
- US school bans gay student’s coming out story from yearbook
- If only: Adele songs turn people gay, claims Texan therapist
- How the NSA plans to infect millions of computers with malware
- How covert agents infiltrate the internet to destroy reputations
- Researcher finds evidence that relaxing gun laws ups murder rate
- US fights public healthcare worldwide to keep drug prices high
- Army’s top sex assault prosecutor suspended after assault allegation
If you haven’t heard already, the country that finds it acceptable for men to wear skirts is now the 17th to allow marriage equality! But in all seriousness skirts are comfy and men should be able to wear them anytime.
Scotland passed The Marriage and Civil Partnership Bill. The legislation to allow same sex marriage in Scotland arrived in June. While many churches were still opposed, that didn’t stop the votes. This resulted in a mudslide of 105 to 18. The bill does protect churches however, and does not force them to officiate same-sex weddings. The bill also recognizes same sex marriages registered overseas.
Just one more place to consider when you’re planning your dream wedding.
Like many of you already know, and has my esteemed colleague Tom already pointed out, World AIDS Day is December 1. I was browsing the WAD website today, a day that originally started in the UK, and found this awesome media file of the official red ribbon. Mark your calendar, check out what local events are in your area, and maybe attend an event. We here at QL salute and honor all those who are affected by this disease.