From their website: “The Equality Project is a youth lead organization who’s main goal is to advocate for anti-bullying within the education system. We work as a team to communicate with all parts of the community that this is a problem that needs to be addressed and addressed quickly.”
Check out these cook kids from the Porterville Pride Club! We added the link to their FB page on our Visalia page of links. It takes a lot of courage to be out and proud in a small farming community in the Central Valley of California. There is no greater form of activism than leading an open and honest life in front of your family, friends, classmates, or coworkers. Truth!
So I watched the Ignite Boulder video with Ash Beckham this week and I really enjoyed it. If you haven’t seen it yet you should definitely take the 5 minutes and watch it. It will make your day! I also embedded the video in a new Video of the Week widget in the right hand sidebar.
With the fine assistance of Senior Blogger Tom Janus we have readied our second official link count of the year for Queer Landia. We did some cleaning up a few weeks ago so we lost some ground in the city pages but when you factor in the Links page and Queer page we got a nice bump. And the drum roll please…
One of the oldest more storied bars in Sacramento is having their 500th trivia night this Wednesday at The Depot. If you’re a Capitol Queer and looking for something fun and different to do you should check it out. Click the web flyer to embiggen. If you have a gay event that you’d like posted on the site send it to Mr. Secretary Nathan Simpson at email@example.com for consideration.
For all of you who have MLK day off and our home in your pajamas watching the Inauguration festivities. Here are some links to articles submitted by one of our readers.
- European court says religion can’t justify LGBT discrimination
- Italian court says gay parents are as good as straight ones
- Study shows Chinese gay-tolerance over thousands of years
- Priests say gay marriage will lead to discrimination against them
- Anti-gay activist produced child porn of her own daughter
Another smattering of news worthy links from one of our long-time, die-hard readers!
- Cameroon trader stoned to death by lynch mob for gay sex
- Jamaica to introduce law banning LGBT discrimination soon
- Mexico no longer banning gay men from donating blood
- Berlusconi says he supports gay marriage, LGBT groups sceptical
- US pundit compares gay marriage to pedophilia normalisation