Are you a serious gay writer? Do you have a passion for all things queer? Are you looking to find your voice on this pale blue dot? This project might be for you. We are looking for like-minded, gay writers, to help us build a truly independent and unique gay media source. We are looking for contributors who like our mission and want to help us build a thriving, first rate blog.
Here are some of our posting guidelines:
- Please proofread AND spell check your blogs and submissions. Running the spell checker is not the same thing as proofreading!
- Please don’t plagiarize work. Cite and link original sources. As the project grows we want to be mindful of copyright laws.
- Use the MORE tab after the first 3-4 sentences in your blog. This keeps the home page cleaner and more professionally looking.
- We strongly encourage original commentary and submissions. Don’t just cut and paste but stop and tell us why you think it’s noteworthy.
- We have a zero tolerance for homo phobia or hate speech of any kind. We want everyone to be free express their own opinion and points of view we demand respect and civility.
- Please don’t use profanity just for the sake of using profanity. We don’t censor or edit blogs for language just don’t shoot for shock value alone.
- Make sure your blogs and submissions fit in with our mission statement. You can read that here.
- Take the time to read, share, and comment on other blogs and submissions. It’s help us grow and collaborate and be better.
- Please don’t ever settle personal scores or drama in your blogs. Submissions can be personal and authentic just don’t use our platform to be mean to anyone.
- Don’t forget to have fun!
If you’re interested in joining the project you can reach out to Mike Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!