Are you a serious gay writer? Do you have a passion for all things queer? Are you looking to find your voice on this pale blue dot? This project might be for you. We are looking for like-minded, gay writers, to help us build a truly independent and unique gay media source. We are looking for contributors who like our mission and want to help us build a thriving, first rate blog.
All you have to do is register (top left of the site) and grab yourself a username and password. You can get noticed by leaving comments on blogs that have already been posted. Any registered user who leaves three (3) good, insightful comments on three (3) different blog posts will automatically be considered for contributing privileges. This is definitely a new process for us but it helps protect the site against spammers and haters. If you do decide you might want to write for us at some point here are some basic guidelines we ask all of our bloggers to abide by:
- Please proofread AND spell check your blogs and submissions. Running the spell checker is not the same thing as proofreading!
- Please don’t plagiarize work. Cite and link original sources. As the project grows we want to be mindful of copyright laws.
- Use the MORE tab after the first 3-4 sentences in your blog. This keeps the home page cleaner and more professionally looking.
- We strongly encourage original commentary and submissions. Don’t just cut and paste but stop and tell us why you think it’s noteworthy.
- We have a zero tolerance for homo phobia or hate speech of any kind. We want everyone to be free express their own opinion and points of view we demand respect and civility.
- Please don’t use profanity just for the sake of using profanity. We don’t censor or edit blogs for language just don’t shoot for shock value alone.
- Make sure your blogs and submissions fit in with our mission statement. You can read that here.
- Take the time to read, share, and comment on other blogs and submissions. It’s help us grow and collaborate and be better.
- Please don’t ever settle personal scores or drama in your blogs. Submissions can be personal and authentic just don’t use our platform to be mean to anyone.
- Don’t forget to have fun!
We read and roam the blog every day and these guidelines will be enforced consistently. If you want to report an inappropriate blog or a spam post just email email@example.com. Thanks!